Health & Safety
CPNZ Health and Safety Approved Contractor
Our comprehensive Health and Safety Management System within our company ensures we comply with all legislative requirements and that we take all practicable steps to ensure that we:
- Provide a safe place of work, safe equipment and the correct materials
- Establish and insist that safe work methods are practiced at all times
- Provide competent supervision and training to all staff
- Ensure that all employees and other persons understand and accept their responsibility to promote a safe and healthy place of work
- Ensure that employees have adequate participation and involvement regarding health and safety management
- Monitor safety performance against internal and external standards
- Promote early rehabilitation and return to work processes
- See continuous improvement in all areas of Health and Safety, Quality and the environment
The health, safety and welfare of all staff, sub-contractors, clients and visitors is significantly important to Arthur Brown Construction, and it is our intention to strive for excellence in the effective health and safety management of all construction sites under our control. We also aim to effectively mitigate all hazards arising from our facilities, activities and site specific environments.
We also ensure we comply with all legal obligations, relevant standards and codes of practice with a commitment to developing a culture of safety within the construction industry.
Arthur Brown Construction currently has a Total Recordable injury Frequency Rate of zero for the past 12 months. We have had our Health and safety systems independently audited by CPNZ and achieved a result of 77% being the second highest result in New Zealand.